Tuesday 2 June 2009

Women taking top stakes in PR in Kenya

Hello again. After a long break to do my research which am yet to complete, I was excited to learn that more women seem to be taking top stakes in Public Relations in Kenya. It reminded me of a debate we had during my last semester at campus when some of my colleagues argued that women will only work in PR, but they will never run the industry.

How interesting to learn from part of my research that some of the qualities that were named in the debate have given women a boost to excel in this profession in the east African nation. It emerged that the situation is not different here in terms of who dominates the industry. Just like other developed nations or as past studies have shown, there are more women than men in PR in Kenya.

From the perception point of view many people tend to believe that women perform better than men in PR due to better communication skills they have. I know some may disagree with this, but as said earlier in one of my posts women are naturally good at building relationships, multi-tasking, persuasion etc.

Apart from women running top agencies in the country, many are holding top or leadership roles in corporate organisations. HHmm!....It left me wonder if many will still continue to say that women can never run this profession because they don't have qualities.....your comments, thoughts and feedback are still welcome as this debate continues.





No comments:

Post a Comment